T-Kartor is looking for a GIS Specialist
Position: GIS Specialist
Place of employment: Kristianstad
Type of employment: full time
Are you our next GIS Specialist?
T-Kartor is a growing and innovative company with a global footprint. Our success is largely due to our highly skilled colleagues, strong culture of striving to succeed and of allowing ourselves to constantly break new ground. We are currently developing systems and chart production lines for the Norwegian Defense, Swedish authorities and large cities such as London, Paris and New York.
We pride ourselves on delivering high quality cartographic mapping products, using cutting-edge technology to drive efficiency and excellence in our operations. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a talented GIS Specialist to join our team and contribute to the success of our projects.
We are looking for a GIS Specialist based at our head office in Kristianstad, primarily on-site but with the possibility of working remotely part of the time.
About the position
As a GIS Analyst you will be part of one or more project teams working in the map and chart department at T-Kartor, responsible for creating, maintaining, and delivering high quality cartographic products. You will report to our Head of Production. The successful candidate will also work closely with T-Kartor colleagues at all levels to ensure successful delivery and high customer satisfaction.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand project requirements and objectives
- Design and implement GIS solutions to address spatial data needs
- Collect, manage, and analyse geospatial data using GIS software and tools
- Develop and maintain GIS databases, ensuring data accuracy and integrity
- Create and edit maps, graphics and datasets to communicate spatial data
- Stay current with GIS industry trends and advancements to recommend and implement best practices
- Provide GIS support and training to team members as needed
About your profile
You thrive on a challenge. You can work in both agile and traditionally managed projects. You work in a structured way and are motivated by achieving goals together with your team – you act and think as a real team player. Motivating and enthusing people in your daily work comes naturally to you.
We would like you to have a technical background and you recognize yourself in an organisation that values creativity, teamwork and openness.
When it comes to language skills, both your Swedish and English should be fluent, both written and spoken. An extra plus if you have working knowledge of an additional language, for example Norwegian, French, German, Spanish, etc. You are proactive and have good communication skills.
We seek applicants possessing the following or similar qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Geography, GIS, Environmental Science, or related field
- Proven experience working with GIS software (e.g., ArcGIS, QGIS) and spatial databases
- Strong understanding of spatial analysis techniques and data visualization
- Familiarity with both vector and raster data management
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Effective communication skills with the ability to present complex spatial information to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
The following are specifically of merit:
- Attention to detail, and a good cartographic eye
- Experience with QGIS Desktop editing and data management environment, and ESRI’s ArcGIS platform (editing and managing data in ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro)
- Knowledge of spatial data analysis and management, databases such as PostGIS
- Previous experience in the mapping industry, especially cartography and content management
Are we a match?
Apply by sending your CV to us at recruit@T-Kartor.com. We apply continuous selection and close the ad after the position is filled.
At T-Kartor, we have combined cartography, GIS and programming expertise since 1985, to create and maintain geographic information, maps and charts. T-Kartor works with agile software development and can provide technology as a licensed or cloud solution.
T-Kartor is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. Read more about T-Kartor as an employer on our career page where you find more about our work culture, opportunities and benefits.